Tuesday 21 August 2007

No new experience is time wasted

If there is one big lesson I am learning with this internship is that no new experience is time wasted. I spent the last day travelling around the country with a sales representative, meeting doctors and learning what pharmaceutical sales are all about. Now, becoming a sales rep is probably not going to be my lifetime career ambition, but that is probably why it has been a such a rare and interesting opportunity. Now that I think about it, this has been a bit the common thread of this summer experience: having the once in a lifetime opportunity to learn about things that otherwise I would have never come across. Whether or not I get offered and decide to accept a job here, this opportunity alone is worth a two-years MBA as opposed to a one-year. (I shall write more about this in a couple of weeks time).

No comments: