Wednesday 19 December 2007

Christmas wishlist

Dear Santa,

if you really must bring me a book this Christmas, please make it an interesting one. See for example if you can find 'Rules for Radicals', by Saul Alinsky. I met so many people this year - including myself - who claim to want to change things and then are scared to death. I thought perhaps this book might give me some clue.



Alternatively, dear Santa, if you are thinking to buy me a DVD, see if you can find me "The fog of war". It's a documentary/interview with former US secretary of state Robert MacNamara. It's about the fact that decision making is really difficult when you are in the thick of shit, because the complexity of situations - the fog of war - makes everything really murky and unclear. I saw this already in class this year, but I'd really like to watch it again.



thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Fran,

Posing on behalf of Santa, I can suggest you go and check The Fog of War, an online complete video. Of course the quality is not as good as the one in the DVD, but good enough.

Let me know if you get the "Rules for Radicals"!

Cheers,

Patxi, the entrepreneurotic, at London Business School

fran said...

thanks Patxi.