Wednesday 5 September 2007

Gorilla

Right, I got a bit hooked to advertsing blogs recently. There is a lot of debate going on about whether this ad is good or not. For me and for many it is. Firstly: it makes you smile, which from what I could read and speculate was the brief (chocholate=joy). Secondly: it is hugely discussed already. (search gorilla ad on google and on youtube). Finally, one particular point of interest for me: I like to observe how the ad is disseminating through the internet. The ad was created by Fallon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it's a creative success, something totally new, and is hence creating a lot of buzz. BUT is it also a commercial success? I'm not sure what Cadbury's objectives were when they had this made, but it would be interesting to find out and see if the ad delivers. Do they want more brand recognition (check) or sales (perhaps not)?

fran said...

I will ask our Marketing Club friends at Cadbury :)

Anonymous said...

This ad has already been sent around on a couple of email forwards in our office.

To be honest, I find it quite annoying as I hate the song, and it seems to have no direct relevance to chocolate apart from the purple and the loose asscoiation with 'joy' - although this song does not bring me any joy!

But - it is memorable, its certainly got people talking about it because it is different, and so random I think.

So it obviously works as an advert by raising awareness, getting Cadbury more into the public consciousness.

fran said...

ryan: you should be working rather than reading my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I am working! ;-) I just saw the link updated on Facebook so I thought I better check it out!

fran said...

I am kidding. it's great to have people commenting to the blog.
By the way: which Ryan are you? :)

Anonymous said...

Thought you might find this interesting: http://www.influxinsights.com/blog/article/1568/a-gorilla-makes-cadbury-famous-for-6-days.html

hope you're having a fab holiday, N

fran said...

N: I like!